Mostly for my own documentary purposes, I have decided to begin documenting all of my phases I go through in music. Due to the fact that my phases have gotten progressively shorter the more music I listen to, I think this will be a cool way to go about documenting them. These are not so much reviews as they are personal blurbs that may or not describe the album qualitatively. I am taking no longer than 15 minutes to write all of these because I do not want this to become a chore, so I really wouldn't anticipate any sesquipedalian or poetic epics on these albums--just my humble thoughts on them immediately after I feel I have fully digested the album and am thoroughly obsessed. Additionally, I will be doing FLASHBACK features of albums that I listened to the day I wrote the feature, but obsessed over before I started the blog. Anyhow, enjoy!

Monday, August 10, 2015

A Clusterfuck Of Phases

After I finished up with my Songs In The Key Of Life phase, something happened. Something weird. And I really did not and do not know how to approach it on this blog, so I decided to start with an introductory post.

In chronological order, I went through the following phases: Painful by Yo La Tengo, I Can Hear The Heart Beating As One by Yo La Tengo, Drums And Wires by XTC, Parklife by Blur, Animals by Pink Floyd, Piper At The Gates Of Dawn by Pink Floyd, Wakin' On A Pretty Daze by Kurt Vile, and Hello Nasty by the Beastie Boys. But, here is the thing: Almost all of these happened pretty well simultaneously. Because of how close they were, I really did not have time to finish or fully digest very many of them. In fact, the only ones that I plan to write reviews for here soon are Painful, I Can Hear The Heart Beating As One, Parklife, and Animals. That's right; as of yet, out of eight, only four of them have emerged fully victorious.

Now, before I start writing the reviews about those four, I feel it necessary to say something briefly about the other four. All four of these seem to follow the same pattern. In the case of Drums And Wires, I know the first six songs better than the rest. In the case of Piper At The Gates Of Dawn, I know the first six songs better than the rest. In the case of Wakin' On A Pretty Daze, I know the first three songs better than the rest. In the case of Hello Nasty, I know the first seven songs better than the rest. What is clearly happening is that I have not yet listened to them enough completely to put them on here (by the way, I'd bet my boots that Drums And Wires is certainly going to be the next entry).

Now, allow me to write the other four.

No comments:

Post a Comment